About Our Podiatrist
Dr Maggi Smith of The Toledo Clinic Department of Podiatry/Foot and Ankle Surgery is top-ranked, highly credentialed expert in the field of podiatry. Dr Maggi Smith ranks among the nation’s most highly trained foot and ankle physicians. Dr Smith has achieved dual surgical board certifications in foot surgery and rearfoot reconstructive ankle surgery by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery. Fewer than 5% of foot and ankle surgeons in the United States have the surgical credentials of Dr Smith. (source: American Board of Podiatric Surgery)
Dr Smith is widely respected practitioner, researcher, lecturer and patient care advocate. Our doctor brings an unparalleled level of skill, care, expertise and professionalism to northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan.
She maintains the highest levels of certification and accreditation and complete numerous hours of ongoing education each year.
Meet Maggi S. Smith, DPM, MS, FACFAS
- Certified, Foot Surgery, and Reconstructive Rearfoot & Ankle Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons
Dr Maggi Smith has been licensed to practice Podiatric Medicine in the State of Ohio since 2000. Dr Smith is board certified in Reconstructive Rearfoot Ankle Surgery and Foot Surgery with the American Board of Podiatric Surgeons. She passed NBPME part 1 in July of 1997, NBPME part II in March of 1999 and the PMLEXIS in June of 1999. Dr Smith is a Diplomate of the American Board of Podiatric Surgeons and a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. Her vast work experience has given her opportunities to work in various areas of Podiatric medicine and surgery.
Dr Smith earned a BS in Chemistry from Baldwin-Wallace College in Berea, Ohio in 1992. She then obtained a MS in Anatomy from Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio in 1997. Dr Smith received professional training at the Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine in Cleveland, Ohio and graduated in 1999. Post graduate training was completed in 2001 at Riverside Mercy Hospital in Toledo, Ohio.
Dr Smith’s professional podiatric experience includes:
- Podiatric Surgical Resident: Riverside Mercy Hospital, June 1999-June 2001.
- Private Practice: Consulting Orthopedic Associates, Toledo, Ohio, 2001-May 2007.
- Wound Care Physician for SVMMC, April 2002-September 2007.
- Wound Care Physician Toledo Hospital Center for Wound Care September 2007-2012.
- Faculty and Resident Committee Member: Mercy Podiatric Program, May 2004-Present.
- Private Practice: Consulting Orthopedic Associates, Toledo, Ohio, June 2001-May 2007.
- Private Practice: The Toledo Clinic, Toledo, Ohio, May 2007-Present.
Dr Smith has researched and reported on the following podiatric topics:
- Pigmented Villonodular Synovitis of the Foot and Ankle, a Case Study. Submitted to the Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery, 2006.
- Chronic Osteomyelitis and Squamour Cell Carcinoma. Submitted to the Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery, 2006.
- Utilization of Cortical Bone Screws as Fixation Distal Metatarsal Osteotomies. Submitted to the Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery, 2003.
Professional Memberships Include:
- American Podiatric Medical Association: 1995-Present
- Ohio Podiatric Medical Association: 1995-Present
- Northwest Ohio Academy of Podiatric Medicine: 1999-Present
- Past President, NWOAPM: 2001-2002
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons: 1995-Present
- Diplomate, American Board of Podiatric Surgeons: 2005-Present
- American Association of Women Podiatrists: 1995-1999
- Young Members Podiatric Association: 1999-Present
Dr Smith has received the following awards:
- Graduate Teaching Assistant of the Year Award, Wright State University: 1995
- Pi Delta Honor Society, Beta Chapter: 1998 & 1999
- Ohio Podiatric Medical Association Leadership Award: 1999
- Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, Merit Scholarship: 1997 & 1998
- Podiatry Foundation of Pittsburgh, Memorial Scholarship: 1998
- Fund for Podiatric Medical Education Scholarship: 1998
- American Association of Women Podiatrists Scholarship: 1998
- Certificate of Achievement Award, APMSA National Walk-a-thon: 1997
- Outstanding Senior in Chemistry Award: 1992
Contact Dr. Smith’s office at 419-479-5757
Fill out the form below for questions and appointment requests.