About Our Podiatrists
Dr. Maggi Smith of The Toledo Clinic Department of Podiatry/Foot and Ankle Surgery is a top-ranked, highly credentialed expert in the field of podiatry. Dr. Maggi Smith ranks among the nation’s most highly trained foot and ankle physicians. Dr. Smith has achieved dual surgical board certifications in foot surgery and rearfoot reconstructive ankle surgery by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery. Fewer than 5% of foot and ankle surgeons in the United States have the surgical credentials of Dr. Smith. (source: American Board of Podiatric Surgery)
Dr. Smith is widely respected practitioner, researcher, lecturer and patient care advocate. Our doctor brings an unparalleled level of skill, care, expertise and professionalism to Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan.
She maintains the highest levels of certification and accreditation and completes numerous hours of ongoing education each year.
Meet Maggi S. Smith, DPM, MS, FACFAS
- Certified, Foot Surgery, and Reconstructive Rearfoot & Ankle Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons
Dr. Maggi Smith has been licensed to practice Podiatric Medicine in the State of Ohio since 2000. Dr. Smith is board certified in Reconstructive Rearfoot Ankle Surgery and Foot Surgery with the American Board of Podiatric Surgeons. She passed NBPME part 1 in July of 1997, NBPME part II in March of 1999 and the PMLEXIS in June of 1999. Dr. Smith is a Diplomate of the American Board of Podiatric Surgeons and a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. Her vast work experience has given her opportunities to work in various areas of Podiatric medicine and surgery.
Dr. Smith earned a BS in Chemistry from Baldwin-Wallace College in Berea, Ohio in 1992. She then obtained a MS in Anatomy from Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio in 1997. Dr. Smith received professional training at the Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine in Cleveland, Ohio and graduated in 1999. Post graduate training was completed in 2001 at Riverside Mercy Hospital in Toledo, Ohio.
Dr. Smith’s professional podiatric experience includes:
- Podiatric Surgical Resident: Riverside Mercy Hospital, June 1999-June 2001.
- Private Practice: Consulting Orthopedic Associates, Toledo, Ohio, 2001-May 2007.
- Wound Care Physician for SVMMC, April 2002-September 2007.
- Wound Care Physician Toledo Hospital Center for Wound Care September 2007-2012.
- Faculty and Resident Committee Member: Mercy Podiatric Program, May 2004-Present.
- Private Practice: Consulting Orthopedic Associates, Toledo, Ohio, June 2001-May 2007.
- Private Practice: The Toledo Clinic, Toledo, Ohio, May 2007-Present.
Dr. Smith has researched and reported on the following podiatric topics:
- Pigmented Villonodular Synovitis of the Foot and Ankle, a Case Study. Submitted to the Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery, 2006.
- Chronic Osteomyelitis and Squamour Cell Carcinoma. Submitted to the Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery, 2006.
- Utilization of Cortical Bone Screws as Fixation Distal Metatarsal Osteotomies. Submitted to the Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery, 2003.
Professional Memberships Include:
- American Podiatric Medical Association: 1995-Present
- Ohio Podiatric Medical Association: 1995-Present
- Northwest Ohio Academy of Podiatric Medicine: 1999-Present
- Past President, NWOAPM: 2001-2002
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons: 1995-Present
- Diplomate, American Board of Podiatric Surgeons: 2005-Present
- American Association of Women Podiatrists: 1995-1999
- Young Members Podiatric Association: 1999-Present
Dr. Smith has received the following awards:
- Graduate Teaching Assistant of the Year Award, Wright State University: 1995
- Pi Delta Honor Society, Beta Chapter: 1998 & 1999
- Ohio Podiatric Medical Association Leadership Award: 1999
- Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, Merit Scholarship: 1997 & 1998
- Podiatry Foundation of Pittsburgh, Memorial Scholarship: 1998
- Fund for Podiatric Medical Education Scholarship: 1998
- American Association of Women Podiatrists Scholarship: 1998
- Certificate of Achievement Award, APMSA National Walk-a-thon: 1997
- Outstanding Senior in Chemistry Award: 1992
Contact Dr. Smith’s office at 419-479-5757
The Toledo Clinic welcomes Kyle McKray Smith, DPM, AACFAS to its team of providers. He will be joining Dr. Maggi Smith in the Department of Podiatry, Foot and Ankle Surgery.
Dr. McKray Smith is originally a native of Canton, Ohio. He completed his undergraduate studies at Kent State University in Kent, Ohio in 2015. Dr. McKray Smith earned his doctorate degree at the Kent State College of Podiatric in Cleveland, Ohio in 2019. He then completed a three surgical residency with the added credential in Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Surgery at Mercy Health St. Vincent Medical Center, a large multi-disciplinary and level one trauma center in Toledo, Ohio.
Meet Dr.Kyle McKray Smith, DPM, AACFAS
Dr. McKray Smith strives to maintain the highest level of patient care. He is dual board qualified by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery and the American Board of Podiatric Medicine. Dr. McKray Smith has extensive training in non-surgical and surgical management of all conditions affecting the foot and ankle. He has comprehensive surgical training in the treatment of total ankle joint replacement, advanced wound care, revision surgery, orthopedic sports medicine, peripheral nerve repair, minimally invasive surgery, deformity correction of the lower extremity, and forefoot/hindfoot reconstruction. His passion lies with revision surgery and treatment of complex pathologies. To further distinguish himself Dr. McKray Smith has attended several regional academic conferences to obtain training from numerous renowned surgeons around the country giving him an skill set to perform the most challenging and advanced procedures in his field.
Dr. McKray Smith Areas of expertise:
- Advanced wound reconstruction
- Peripheral nerve repair
- Total ankle joint replacement
- Revision foot and ankle surgery
- Orthopedic Sports Medicine injuries of the lower extremity
- Minimally invasive surgery techniques
- Ankle and hindfoot reconstruction
- Deformity correction of the foot and ankle
- External fixation
- Charcot reconstruction
- Diabetic limb salvage
- Arthroscopic foot and ankle procedures
- Ankle fractures
- Foot fractures
- Avascular necrosis
- Osteochondral lesions
- Drop foot
- Nerve pain
- Complex regional pain syndrome
Dr. McKray Smith Education:
- Kent State University
- Kent State College of Podiatric Medicine
Dr. McKray Smith Advanced/Post graduate Training
- Extensive/comprehensive Podiatric surgery residency Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center
Dr. McKray Smith Practice name
- Podiatric Surgery
- Foot and ankle reconstruction
- Advanced wound care
- Sports Medicine
Dr. McKray Smith Board Certification
- Qualified American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Qualified American Board of Podiatric Medicine
Dr. McKray Smith Other Honors/Memberships
- Orthofix academy
- Ohio Foot and Ankle Medical Association
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American Microsurgical Orthoplastic Society (pending)
Dr. McKray Smith Hospital affiliations
- Mercy Perrysburg
- Mercy St. Anne’s
- Mercy St. Charles
- Mercy St. Vincent
- Bellevue Hospital
- Wood County